CSDG’s activities are aimed at achieving the following strategic objectives:
- To promote a model of children’s services commissioning
and delivery driven by a focus on meeting the individual needs of each
- To encourage greater partnership working in the children’s services
sector, in particular between commissioners and providers, to ensure that the
best outcomes are delivered cost efficiently.
- To work towards increased transparency over assessment and funding for
children with complex needs.
- To ensure that the right balance between foster and residential care
is established so that looked after children receive appropriate support.
- To secure availability of high quality specialist education services
for all children who require them.
- To campaign for services for children with complex needs to be viewed
in the context of ‘whole life’ outcomes – with a view to encouraging
successful, independent adult living wherever possible.
- To raise awareness of the value of good transitions in securing progress
and building on investment made in care and specialist education during childhood.
© Copyright 2011 CSDG | Back to top of page
to home page
80 Petty France, London SW1H 9EX | Telephone: 0207 222 9500 | Email: email@example.com